Saturday, February 4, 2012

So Far, So Good.

     My hCG levels are progressing well (88 on Wednesday, 206 Friday) and my doctor isn't going to do another one until the 13th.  They were going to wait until the 17th to do an ultrasound, but since I am going to be out of the country for 10 days during that time obviously that isn't going to work.  I asked the nurse if she would be willing to let me do another hCG to see what my levels are at that time.  I have heard that if something is to be seen on ultrasound you can usually see it once hCG levels reach 1,600 - 2,000.  If things are going well they should reach this level by the 13th at which point they will let me do the ultrasound on the 14th.  That makes sense, right?  Of course it does, and so of course she agreed.  I am going to go crazy if I can't have an ultrasound until I get back from my trip on the 25th, crazy I tell you.
      Being pregnant is really a mixed bag for me. I am half enjoying it and half dreading what will happen if I don't get a baby out of this in 9 months.  Every time I get pregnant I allow myself to enjoy it even when it has never been my experience that things go well.  I really hope this time is different. 
     Any one out there that has had multiple miscarriages that has some advice?  Any one out there regardless of situation that has any advice at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment